Embedded Studio Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WCF and Devicenet

2 posters

Go down

WCF and Devicenet Empty WCF and Devicenet

Post  danflory Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:03 pm

I have a new job programming for PLC cards that use Devicenet. My project manager asked about a standard communication link between Devicenet and .NET instead of our in house program. So I searched online and this new site is what I found. Could you give me pointers to sites that will get me started?

danflory

Back to top Go down

WCF and Devicenet Empty Re: WCF and Devicenet

Post  lzmind Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:50 pm

I'm not very clear about what you asked specifically, but I want to initiate the answer.

If you want to control the PLC from a PC via DeviceNet protocol, you would need a DeviceNet PCI card for desktop or PCMCIA card for laptop. The card provider shall provide a driver for you to communicate with it. Well, this is local communication link between a PC/Laptop and PLC.

If you need to control the PLC remotely, you may need to use .NET WCF technology to communicate remotely via internet. The server app shall reside on the local machine, while the client app can be on remote machine.

If you could describe your question more specifically, I may be able to answer you accordingly.

Good luck.

lzmind

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum